Friday, February 26, 2016

FIRST. TIME. FILM. FESTIVAL. ACCEPTANCE.

BOOM.





Here we go! The 2016 MIFFH is the first weekend in April and we got the email just the other day that we've been accepted! HUZZAH! This is technically the THIRD Festival, but really, I look at this as the first. This is the one that will show the movie in a theater. To a crowd of physical people.

I watched LOCKE last night and one of the big themes and phrases was "the difference between once and never is the whole world." First film, officially accepted into a Film Festival - and the Creative Director is Joe Carnahan! 

This is particularly cool for me for a few reasons - first, it's in Maryland, where I was born, where half  my family is, and close to the other half of my family in Pittsburgh! (Well, we're in thirds, really, but I digress...)  But also, I've moved on. I had entrenched myself in months of pushing and tweaking and submitting and this was a kind of obsession for a short time. I connected getting into festivals with worth of some kind, be it my own, the film's, my creativity, etc etc, which is balogna. It's numbers, pure and simple. 

This is gonna be fun. Specifics and things are supposed to be coming next week or so, but I gotta make this one.  Only one time you can attend your "World, U.S., and Maryland premiere"!

As Jonny says, "Boom."

No comments:

Post a Comment